During their annual FBH Supplier Conference held recently Woolworths has feted Pratibha Syntex Ltd (PSL) with ‘Supplier Excellence Award’ for ‘Supplier of the Year Sustainability 2019’. Ratika Kotwale, Marketing Manager of PSL, had received the award on behalf of the company. During the programme, Woolworths also outlined to partners on its performance and key strategic shifts.
Around top 40 Woolworth suppliers and stakeholders had participated in the event where they were recognised for their performance and contribution to Woolworth’s business.”Sustainability is at the core of PSL’s business strategy. All our endeavours are towards maximising social impact and minimising environmental impact. PSL has introduced Women Empowered Initiative, wherein women from far flung areas are brought to the campus and imparted textile manufacturing skills like spinning and sewing. After training they are inducted into the company’s manufacturing processes. The trainees are provided free lodging and boarding facility and to give them a home away from home, PSL organises festival celebrations, sports events, health sessions, health check-up camps etc. Under Vasudha Swaraj initiative of PSL, we are working on holistic development of farming communities. The farmers, associated with PSL, are imparted organic cultivation training and techniques to develop quality organic seeds and manure,” said Atul Mittal, Executive Director of PSL in a company report. Mittal also added that PSL played pivotal role in developing C2C Gold certification range. Besides, it has introduced various sustainable blends in yarn, fabric and garment production.
Committed to reducing the environmental impact, PSL has been recycling 100 per cent of water through its state-of-the-art Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) and four stage RO (capacity of 2MLD), thus recovering 97 per cent of water, which is infused back into the manufacturing processes. Remaining 3 per cent of water gets evaporated by three stage multi-stage evaporators. In the process of recycling of water, PSL has reduced its fresh-water consumption from 1400 kilolitres per day in 2010-11 to 500 kilolitres per day as on date, confirmed Amrit Pal Singh Chhabra, Engineering Head of PSL. Besides, water and energy efficient technologies are incorporated in processes to conserve environment for coming generations.