Founded in 1759, Union AG was first and foremost, for nearly a century, a fine linen fabric maker. The company only turned to mechanical embroidery in 1854. It then decided to tie its destiny to that of fashion. From this pairing came its motto…and its name: in Union with fashion. Back then, its embroideries were made for outerwear and shirting. In the 1950s, Haute Couture discovered the beauty and grandeur of their embroidery work. Thirty years later, the arrival of a new generation of machines allowed Union to embroider on delicate grounds. The firm thus turned its attention to the lingerie and corsetry market. This market now represents most of its business