Incorporated in 2006, LumiGram® has been pioneering the development and use of innovative luminous technologies in textiles ever since. Its team has developed a unique expertise & technology in luminous fabrics & textiles that has been used for creating many never seen before products & projects.
These products & projects have demonstrated the amazing possibilities of the luminous fibre optics fabric in many areas, such as decoration & interior architecture, fashion, show business, special events, marketing & promotional items, furniture, packaging, safety, etc.
Luminous fabric, Fiber Optic fabric, light up fabric
The Luminous Fiber Optic Fabric is a fabric that literally lights up (light emitting fabric / illuminated fabric); It is made of ultra-thin optical fibres, directly woven with synthetic fibers. The optical fibers are specially processed in order to allow the light to be emitted along the full length of the fibers (side emitting fibers). The optical fibers are then connected at the edge of the fabric to ultra-bright LEDs which inject light into the fabric. The light is distributed evenly across the entire surface of the fabric, resulting in a self-illuminating textile. The resulting fabric is very unique, providing and elegant lighting all over its surface, with a distinctive starry sky texture.
The fabric is available in several colours. It is flexible, fast, light weight, does not heat up and consumes little power. It is water resistant and can be washed. This makes the luminous Fabric ideal for many applications, such as light up clothing (night fashion, stage costumes,…), home decoration, interior architecture, stage decoration (fibre optics curtains,…), cars decoration, furniture, special events and promotional items.
The Luminous Fiber Optic Fabric is actually complete set, including the fabric itself, optical modules (LEDs) connected to the fabric, and power supply (batteries or AC adapter depending on options). For technical reasons, the company does not sell the raw fibre optic fabric “as is” per mtr or per yard, but provides “ready for use” pieces of luminous fabric, that calls “luminous panels.”
Luminous panels are pieces of fabric, ready for use, proposed with standard or custom dimensions (rectangular shape), with optical modules and power supply. The panels can be cut to their final shape (following some specific rules) and sewn with standard sewing machines. LumiGram can provide design and development services for clients wishing to use fiber optic fabric in their products.The Luminous panels are meant to be used for making clothing, furniture, wall panels, etc.
Given are the specifications of the panels of Fiber Optic fabric:
- These fabrics are complete sets, ready for use, including the fabric itself, optical modules (LEDs) connected to the fabric, and power supply (batteries or AC adapter depending on options)
- The Luminous panels are rectangular pieces of fabric, with 1 or 2 of the edges including the wiring and optical modules
- Depending on your application, the Luminous panels can be powered by batteries or AC adapters.
- Available in several fabric colours. The light can be green, blue, red or white. Colour changing light (RGB) is available (AC power only).
- The Luminous panels can be cut (shaped) following some specific rules & limitations (the side including the wiring cannot be modified), and sewn with standard sewing machines.
- A panel can’t be cut into separate pieces: If you need several separate pieces, you need to order as many panels, with the right dimensions. On specific request, several panels (up to 3) can be powered by the same power supply
- The maximum width of a panel is 150cm (59 inches).
- The maximum length can be several meters (yards).
LumiGram can support your custom designs & projects with a number of already tested & proven solutions:
- Use of high power Optical Modules for lighting the fabric, allowing daylight use of the luminous fabric.
- Water proofing or fire proofing treatments.
- High brightness RGB lighting with DMX control or IR remote control.
Source: LumiGram®, Light for Style