PFAFF 3834: New programmable sewing workplace for sleeve setting
High-quality jackets, blazers and ladies’ jackets can be recognized by the quality of the sleeve setting. The “sleeve setting“operation therefore plays a key role in the branch. The perfect sleeve setting will be ideally achieved with the new PFAFF 3834, Made by PFAFF in Germany“. Thanks to the revised feeding system with selectable roller pressers and the new, automatic thread tension regulation, the machine can be operated with even greater process reliability and simplicity. Sewing in of un-gathered sleeves has never been easier and more flexible.
Extreme wide range of applications – from lining up to heavy outer fabric
For the new PFAFF 3834 a thread tension control has been developed that automatically adjusts the thread tension to the material thickness currently being handled. The material thickness detection and real-time adjustment (360° monitoring) feature ensures optimum stitch formation, even when sewing over cross-seams and interlinings. By using the roller presser (running close to the needle), the material can be worked in with pinpoint accuracy. Optimal work with a clear view of the sewing material is assured. The new machine guarantees smooth seams and even stitches formation, especially when sewing sensitive and difficult fabrics.
New concept for the roller pressers – From lining up to heavy outer fabric
The coated roller presser comes as standard with the machine. Optionally, a cross-toothed roller presser is available, which significantly expands the machine’s range of applications. This means that the machine can be switched from fine, delicate fabrics to coarse/heavy, hard fabrics in seconds. Enclosed you see how simple it is to switch from coated to cross-toothed roller presser.
Further Features of the PFAFF 3834
• Stitch-length and fullness amounts in increments of 1/10 mm (within the seam areas the stitch length can be changed)
• Teach in seam programming – size is free selectable
• Mirrored seam for alternating left or right sleeve
• By entering the grading values the sewing programs for all sizes are called up automatically
• Select starting point of seam is possible
Maximum functionality – The touch control panel BDF-P1 of the PFAFF 3834
When sewing in sleeves, the dexterity of the operator plays an important role. The new PFAFF 3834 provides programmed and sensor-supported features that significantly reduce the workload of the user and lead to a better, more reliable sewing performance. These functions can be called up or changed via the control panel:
• Program number input (97 programs)
• Manual correction of the fullness
• Current thread tension value
• New: autom. thread tension regulation
• Manual alteration of the active thread tension value
• Basic stitch length
• Current seam segment length (in millimetre)
• Select garment size
• Automatic change from right to left sleeve is activated
• Display of the current segment
Working methods of sleeve setting ungathered sleeves with the PFAFF 3834:
Manual method: The operator activates the required fullness by a second pedal, and the fullness is indicated by a bar diagramm on touch-screen control panel. This is recommended for training on the machine and for small batches.
Programmed sleeve setting: The seams are programmed by the teach-in method while sewing in the right sleeve of a basic size. The fullness amounts and grading values are input by the operator. When the grading values are input, all sizes of a style are automatically saved. The same applies to programming the seam for the left sleeve. An automatic change switches from the right to left sleeve or vice versa.
The machine has an attractive price/performance ratio. It will delight producers of jackets, coats, uniforms. An output of approx. 170 jackets in 480 min. (ungathered sleeves, left/right) can be achieved with that new workplace.
SOME OF THE LATEST TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS IN APPAREL INDUSTRY
The textile and apparel industries have become a vital contributor to the Indian economy over the years. According to IMARC Group, the market will reach $344.1 bn by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 14.8 percent between 2022 and 2027. Now to boost the industry’s growth, technologies play a very important role. This is the reason, why all major apparel manufactures have acknowledged the role of applying innovative techniques to help them remain ahead in today’s competitive markets. As a result, technology suppliers are striving hard to innovate and develop new technologies keeping with demands of the industry. In its continuous endeavour to provide the industry informative content, in the next few pages we are covering some of latest technologies introduced for apparel manufacturing…
GEMINY unveils its new Industrial Sewing Machine
GEMINY is India’s leading manufacturer of Domestic & Industrial Sewing Machines and accessories. At present the total covered area of the world-class production facility is 12,000 sq. meters in 50,000 sq. meters of land in government approved Industrial Area at Ludhiana, Punjab. This state-of-the-art production facility is located on the National Highway. Ludhiana- New Delhi Road. It is within close proximity to the ICD. We currently produce 600,000 sewing machines and 120,000 sewing machine stands per annum.
A new Machining division with manufacturing Capacity of 150,000 High speed Lock Stitch Self Lubricated Sewing Machines per annum has been setup with an addition of 30 HMC, VMC & CNC machines from Tongtai & Hyundai to strengthen our machining facilities for uniform machining. We continuously upgrade our machining setup with new automatic hydraulic SPMs which are designed & manufactured in house. A new fully conveyorised paint-shop and Powder Coating plant has been installed which has improved the quality and durability of our product.
This advanced setup is complimented with Two New Fully Automatic Horizontal and One Fully Automatic Vertical Flask-less High pressure Molding Lines from Kayo, Japan with combined capacity of 600 Molds per hour. Our world-class testing & R&D facilities include. The latest technology like AMTEK make Spectrometer, ZEISS coordinate measuring machine (CMM) & fully equipped Standard Room.
In 2021, Sheet metal component press shop complimented with separate Tool Room has been setup in order to manufacture precision sheet metal components. For 2022, Plastic injection molding and aluminum pressure die casting facilities have been planned.
For 2023, we have strategically planned to install complete motor manufacturing setup with SMT, Stamping, Automatic Winding and allied processes.
We are proud to state that our in-house capabilities and an extensive product profile has helped us fulfill our customers’ requirements within their timelines and quality standards by following our rigid process controls, standardisation and optimised scheduling, making GEMINY a preferred partner for win-win strategic alliances.
GEMINY has invested heavily in modern testing equipment for process controls and inspections to make sure the strict quality parameters are met with confidence.
Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) from ZEISS, Germany (ZEISS CONTURA G2)
VAST® scanning technology enables form inspections at maximum speed with high-quality measuring results. Process changes are detected at an early stage, high production quality is ensured and rejected parts are reduced.
And another machine is Spectromaxx Spectrometer from Ametek Spectro, Germany for analytical improvements and more for next-generation leadership in metal analysis
The company has recently introduced the new industrial GEM-8100 Single Needle, Lockstitch Machine
Some features of the machine are:
• Sewing mechanism that demonstrates outstanding responsiveness to materials to be sewn: By thoroughly investigating and modifying the sewing mechanisms in order to achieve low-tension sewing, the machine flexibly responds to various kinds of materials and produces beautiful seams of consistent quality.
• The machine has been designed for reduced vibration and noise and upgraded reliability and durability: By adopting a machine frame structure designed to obtain optimal balance and upgrade strength and rigidity, the machine runs with reduced vibration and noise.
• Automatic Self Lubrication with Oil Pump and Aluminium Drip tray
Further the company is set to add the Direct Drive Lockstitch Machine to its growing portfolio of Made in India Industrial Machines.
Sustainable Technologies for denim by ONYX Machinery
In ONYX, we strongly believe in “Conservation” which is the first step towards sustainability. We are the manufacturer for the Technologies which consume Less Energy and Respect Environment. Continuous Development, Better Quality and Customer Satisfaction are our daily Motivation to drive business towards our Goal. We as a company strongly believe in our capabilities to bring technologies to the Core of Garment Manufacturing, Processing & Finishing Sector. We have complete range of products for Garment Washing Unit, which includes Sustainable Technology Machines, Wet Processing Machines, Dry Process Machines etc.
Laser – Arges
Today, not only do manufacturers shape their manufacture through profit maximization but also through social responsibility awareness such as efficient use of environment-friendly energy resources. In accord with this aim, ARGES offers 200, 300, 500, 700 watt power options in laser systems combining its laser manufacture experience of 20 years with the cutting-edge technologies of today. In addition to that, they allow faster and more ergonomic use with two options; four-panelled automatic loader cabins and security sensor-fitted cabins.
Protection of human health and environment is a substantial priority for Arges. For that reason, our objecve is to minimize the effects of conventional denim methods, namely chemical and dry processes. Human health, environmental matters and ergonomics have significant roles in developing and manufacturing our new machines. Our effort, mainly, is to reduce our ecological footprints even more, and to use the sources, provided by nature, as efficient as possible.
Arcon, a software developed (and still keep growing up) by Arges team which is used to make denim designs and to operate laser systems. Arcon was developed according to needs and desires of the denim designers. It is software which is user friendly, compatible with several of languages and software that constantly evolves and offers solutions with innovations to our customers according to Arges customer policy.
• It is Sustainable product which saves water & electricity also
• ECO-N is unique design with 3 Tank systems which can be fitted to any Front Loading Washing Machine
• Specially Designed with Nano Bubble Generation system to ensure homogeneous result on garment
• Special sensors for precision working
• Can be used in Application like Softener, Resin, Enzymes etc.
• Special filter plates have been provided in each tank to avoid dust particles to go inside for better efficiency of nozzles
• Can save up to 95 percent of Water and 50 percent of Chemical as well
• Flow rate @ 200 LPH / 100 LPH
• “High Barrier Quartz Electrode” to give high concentration ozone.
• Water Cooled give constant ozone output.
• High frequency resonant inverter for longer life and power saving.
• Air tight drum made out of tested stainless steel ensure no leakage of Ozone.
• Fully Automatic Touch Screen Panel board for easy & safe operating helps you to programme your production precisely.
• Ozone Destruction system with electrical heating up to 250 deg. & fresh air inlet arrangement has been provided to ensure safe working environment.
• Ozone Range Available: 100 – 1000 grams / hour.
• Drum Capacity Available: 1000 / 2000 / 4000 Liters
• Ozone Leak detector for the ozone room can be provided
• Ozone Analyser – for the machine can be provided which will measure ozone concentration in the outlet of drum before destructor
Sustainable Drying System
• Sustainable Drying System design for Natural Drying
• Improve Garment Quality – No Lycra Damage / No Back staining No External energy require drying the garment
• Capable to dry the garment up to 85 percent
• Saves Steam Energy up to 90% & electrical Energy up to 85 percent
• Capacity: Up to 7000 Garments / 24 Hours.
• With Garment Auto Unloading System
• Optional Features: Hot Chamber: With Infrared Heating – To create more drying Capacity
Garment Finishing Machines by MACPI
Macpi, founded in 1961, is a worldwide leader in manufacturing highly technological machines for garment industry following the tradition of Made in Italy with a constant research in terms of quality, style and innovation that cannot make compromises with a downward policy. The accrued experience of almost 60 years brought Macpi to produce greatly sophisticated automatic units for thermo- fusing, loading and unloading system, complete line for the intermediate and final finishing of jackets, coats, jeans, knitwear, trousers, shirts, automatic machines for stitch-free applications and special units for industrial laundries.
534 – Tunnel Finisher
Continuous module-type tunnel for garment finishing. It can produce 500 to 800 pieces per hour depending on its composition and the type of work to be done. The tunnel is composed and complete with:
- An automatic right load station for single garments complete with garments lack signal; and an unload station
- Variable-speed chain conveyor (controlled by an inverter) with hooks spaced out at 317 mm. intervals
- One steaming chamber
- One variable-temperature ventilation chamber and variable capacity through inverter
- Steaming quantity regulation
- Steaming humidity adjustment
- Garments falling signal
- Pillows for steam containment in the steaming chamber
- programming and regulation with TCW “7 programmer:
Short or long garments with independent control low steaming
- Continuous or alternate garments loading
- Variable and programmable garments transport speed
- Partial and totalizer garment counter
- Variable extractor for extra steam canalization (inverter)
- Registration up to 99 programs
320.00 – Finishing of Trousers without pleats
Electro-pneumatic unit for the finishing of trouser without pleats, suitable for the application of top and legs sizing device. Possibility of front flap and front pocket pressing. The unit is complete with:
- Color device TC W7″ with USD and Wi-Fi
- Four steaming and blowing stations fitted on
- Shaped medium size plate for top
The tension is released on the trouser top sides. Standard shape fitted on the machine.
- Trouser tensioning device by mechanical adjustment for pressing both babies short and large size men’s Trousers (possibility of legs sizing changing loading position)
- Pneumatic adjustment for legs and tops tensioning by a sensor for position locking
- Adjustable steaming flow
- Device to adjust air blowing flow
- Front flap blocking device and rear belt
- Adjustable and tilting legs clamps
- Steam over-heater
- Air blowing by electric fan (Kw. 2,25)
- Air/blowing heating
- Adjustable clamps pressure
- Electronic time set-up for steaming, air blowing delay, air blowing and anticipated clamps opening
- Production counter
New 330 Series Sign Graphics & Textile Printing Solution by Mimaki
330 Series leverages Mimaki’s cross-platform strategy, to offer a high-end yet cost effective printing solution across several sectors. Similarly, the CG-AR Series offers users new workflow enhancing, entry-level cutting plotter technologies available in three sizes. Both launches align with Mimaki’s objective to grow both its high-end and entry-level product range, to further encourage and support customers expanding and improving upon their printing services and product offering.
Mimaki’s Latest Printers – the 330 Series
Following on from the success of the 100 and 300 Plus Series, the 330 Series has been developed to offer mid- to high-end printing models, focusing on high image quality and productivity. As a company renowned for its high-colour range, Mimaki’s newest printers can achieve high resolution, durable prints for both the Sign Graphic and Textile industries. The JV330-160 and CJV330-160 eco-solvent inkjet printers deliver the high-standard of colour required for indoor and outdoor sign graphics through the new “Deep Color Natural” input profile, offering eye-catching and vivid solid colours, natural skin tones as well as deep reds and neutral greys. In-built cleaning mechanisms and monitoring features ensure an efficient workflow and allow for longer running times.
Both models feature a newly designed unwinding system that allows three rolls of media to be loaded simultaneously, greatly reducing the time and labour required to change print media. One operator can bring the desired media into position simply by turning the media changer. Another standard feature is an “XY slitter” – a highly precise cutting technology, which provides in-line X-axis and Y-axis sheet-fed cutting. This eliminates the unwinding and manual cutting from the workflow, helping printers to significantly speed up and streamline the post-process, with less interference needed.
Hybrid Services is Mimaki’s distributor for the UK and Ireland, and the company will be exclusively presenting the new CJV330-160 at this month’s Sign & Digital UK exhibition. Hybrid’s reseller account manager, Martin Southworth, anticipates a strong uptake of the new technology. “Mimaki once again pushes forwards with intuitive, cost effective and high quality solutions, and we very much look forward to debuting this latest print and cut technology at Sign & Digital UK.”
In addition to the Sign Graphics solutions, Mimaki has also released the TS330-1600, a sublimation transfer inkjet printer, for the textile industry. Enabling both high production and high image quality, and equipped with new functions to improve stable operation, the TS330-1600 can achieve a printing speed of 69sq m/h in draft mode with a 4-colour ink set, with the fastest mode reaching up to 135sq m/h.
The TS330-1600 has optional add-ons to further increase efficiency, including a 10kg ink tank supply unit which reduces ink cost when compared to the standard 2L ink pack, and allows for longer continuous printing. A mini jumbo roll unit can also be added to load large rolls of transfer paper and further reduce running costs.
An improved take-up system featuring dual motors equipped on both sides of the printer distributes the load and strengthens the winding power, allowing stable winding of printed paper even for long runs. TxLink4, Mimaki’s RIP software dedicated to the textile market is included with every TS330-1600.
All products in the series are fitted with ‘Mimaki Weaving Dot Technology’ (MWDT), a technology that changes the order of ink droplet placement depending on the printing conditions. ‘Mimaki Remote Access’ (MRA) is also available across the series, improving ease of operation by allowing users to remotely access the machine and check the printer’s status