Lectra has more than 40 years of experience innovating in the fashion industry. They are working together with major fashion and apparel players in over 100 countries. Drawing from their experience and expertise, company is continuously reinventing the value chain so that businesses can become more profitable, sustainable and agile.Personalization is set to be an industrywide phenomenon. With dedicated turnkey solution and in-depth industry knowledge, Lectra is perfect partner to help you tap into its potential.
Consumers are now driving trends
In today’s digitally connected world, consumers are making faster, more informed purchasing decisions. Not only are they defining the value proposition of products and services, but they are also empowered to impose their demands on the market. Brands, retailers and manufacturers wanting to succeed in this new business environment will have to change their focus to be more customer-centric, adopt industry 4.0 best practices and invest in smart technology to keep up with consumer trends.
Conventional supply chains can no longer meet consumer demand
The conventional fashion supply chain model is too opaque, fragmented and slow to respond to diversified consumer demands quickly enough to satisfy customers. As a result, consumers will look to the nearest competitor to get the personalized products and exceptional customer experiences they want. This inability of the conventional supply chain to meet new expectations puts established fashion companies at risk.
The On-Demand business model
The on-demand model is a way to make factories smarter and bring business closer to the consumer. The key to meeting the needs of the new consumer is learning how to integrate state-of-the-art digital technology and real-time consumer data into daily business operations. Brands, retailers and manufacturers with the flexibility to produce quickly and on demand are successfully winning consumer loyalty.
On-Demand Business Benefits
• Generate positive cash flow: Take pre-paid orders, optimize operational overhead, gain material savings and minimize excess stock
• Achieve operational agility: Respond and react quickly to new market opportunities around on-demand production and personalization-small series, customization and made-to-measure orders—without disrupting existing revenue models
• Acquire competitive advantage: Integration of innovative technologies at each step of the product lifecycle lets you build and manage a powerful, efficient on-demand supply chain to speed your products to market and strengthen your position
• Think globally and act locally: Create, develop and produce more sustainably for specific regions, adapting your production to business models and/or individual consumers by taking advantage of nearshoring
74% OF MILLENNIALS & GENERATION Z EXPRESSED AN INTEREST IN PURCHASING PERSONALIZED CLOTHING
Lectra provides complete solution for Fashion on Demand
Fashion on Demand by Lectra-the industry’s first end-to-end solution to develop individualized products and automate production-is designed to help the fashion industry overcome the challenges of scaling or implementing made-to-order and personalized offers.
• Lectra Digital Cutting Platform: a powerful cloud-based solution including business applications
• Virga smart and connected single-ply cutting line
• 3 packages for a modular and scalable offer:
Made to Order for sampling, small series, quick assortment
Made to Customize for customization orders
Made to Measure for made-to-measure clothing
• Powerful automatons that automatically process the various activities from preparation up to cutting
• Seamless automatic synchronization between cutting line, digital platform, ERP and Lectra CAD
Prerequisite of Product Development Software
Develop products: Create graded patterns, define variants and add alterations.
Manage materials and their cutting parameters: Set attributes for individual fabrics using material library management and prepare cutting ahead of time using automatic parameter set-up.
Create your personalized products: Store your personalized product offers along with related components, materials and size range. Alterations can also be managed.
Prepare production: Set up production rules and nesting constraints
Automate Pre-Production & Cutting Processes: Automatically generate cutting orders and cutting jobs as of order reception.
Receive Orders for Personalized Products: Track your customers’ orders and automatically assign product IDs.
Virga Cutting Line
Cut orders for personalized products: Cut your patterned materials at the same speed as plain fabrics.
What you will gain with Fashion on Demand by Lectra
Fashion On Demand by Lectra is a game-changer in this space because it automates the go-to-market processes to expedite development while concurrently enabling manufacturers to expertly manage fabric cutting, even for complex, patterned designs. By shortening the cycle, fashion companies will be able to produce the high-quality personalized garments consumers want faster.
Improved time to market
• Simultaneous management of multiple individual orders
• Automation of production rules
• Identical cutting speed for both patterned and plain fabrics
Cost savings at every stage
• Material savings: powerful nesting and high productivity per square meter
• No plastic and paper consumables
• Multi-line and multi-site management
• Streamlined production processes
• Pre-set cutting instructions
• Configurable workflow with rules you can change at any time
Full operational control and 360° visibility
• Supervision controls
• Vertical IT system and horizontal process integration
• Data monitoring integrated into dashboard
Flexible and secure management of personalization offers
• Management of any variant or component
• Automatic matching of orders to product catalog
• Line-item product monitoring made possible by unique product ID numbers
Optimized management of a broad range of fabrics and patterns
• Powerful scanner with fabric pattern positioning
• Material library management: set attributes for individual fabrics
• Automatic parameter set-up for cutting
Consistent fit and sizing across products and markets
• 2D patternmaking
• 2D industrialization (including special grading)
• Reliable alterations system with automatic consistency controls
Enhanced user experience thanks to an easy-to-use solution
• Intuitive touch-screen interfaces
• Controlled sequencing of cutting jobs
• Visual loading and off-loading assistance
“Fashion on Demand by Lectra is a dream come true for us. Thanks to this solution, we managed to increase production output, achieve the perfect fit, reduce consumables, save time on preparing orders and minimize human errors.”
Charline Fasquel, Director of Production, Balsan